| Home | About Us | News @ CruiserCo | Services | Parts | Current & Past Projects | Readers Rides | Classifieds | Links |
Dr. Sorrells dropped this off one day and OH MY! This truck was a disaster. Years of neglect had taken their toll on the tub and under supports. It had been patched with a 1/4'' thick piece of scrap metal on the rear deck.
I think I have a bunch of pics stuck on a CD so when I get them off and uploaded I ll run them up here. In the meantime, enjoy the few I have.
Nasty rot has taken over. We cut out all of the pan to the wells and then installed 2x1 tubing as the supports and had a bead rolled piece fabbed up for the decking. Since we were eventually going to line the interior we used some pre painted scrap metal for patching the front floor. We tried to form all the lips to aid in spot welding as we put in each piece. The center hump is a formed piece that we cut, folded and seam welded together. The toolbox had to go on top of that.
We ground out about 3/4" thick bondo on both sides of the truck. The rear qtr panel was shoddily repaired earlier with slapped on bondo so we took it all out, welded in patch pieces and use kitty hair as the first coat of filler to give the whole thing strength.
I epoxy primed the whole jeep, then DA'd it, then grey primed it, wetsanded that, whiter sealer'd the truck and finally applied the FJ Cruiser Yellow (Barry saw it on another truck I working on at the time, plus his wife loved it too).
We shot the interior with liner, had Acey's do the seats for us, added a rollbar, powdercoated everything, used stainless fasteners and I redid the wiring of the whole truck from front to rear. All in all the truck stands tall now.....Pretty soon we'll be doing some driveline worked as its all original and is developing some slack.
The Cruiser Company