Bill purchased this halfway restored truck from a local man with a purpose in mind. Make it a Diesel.
We started off getting the tub off as one unit. I have these custom built roll-arounds that allow me to store tubs and frames. Next we prepped the frame by cleaning off the factory mounts and mating up the intercooler mounts to the position of the old radiator mounts.
Fabricated up some mounts for the factory Dodge style motor mounts on both the frame and the engine. We mocked everything up with the body tub sitting on the frame to insure everything fit. Next we assembled the driveline and went to fabricating the rear crossmember.
Once the mock up was finished we busied ourselves with tucking things away for factory looking fit. We moved on the the power steering conversion and redoing a 'plague upon your house' badly done Painless harness by the PO's shop. We removed all the wiring and redid all the needed pigtails and circuits. I added his gauges and electronic controls to the factory harness and wired in radio and fan controls.
We made some tubing and purchased some silicone adapters for the intercooler, cut to fit and painted and they look tight. We used a Ford slave cylinder with teflon/SS hose kit and I made an adapter plate to fit the cylinder on the firewall. The air filter was kinda flopping in the breeze so to speak but I welded a bracket to the metal tubing and attached it to the engine.
More pics to come. We need to finish up the gauge cluster and I got some interior pics and some of the finished motor installation.
Copyright 2010, The Cruiser Company